- 1/2 kilo peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 potato cut in bite size pieces
- 2 medium grated tomatoes or 350-400 gr can of chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped dill
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized pot.
- Sauté onions until soft. Add carrots and potatoes and sauté 3-4 minutes more.
- Add peas and heat and mix until all peas are covered in the olive oil.
- Add the tomato, dill, pepper and a half teaspoon salt. Add enough hot water so that the peas are covered just a bit (about ¼ cup).
- Mix well and bring to a boil. Then lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes, until peas are soft and water is gone-they should only be left with the olive oil.
- Serve at room temperature with feta and bread. Add salt as needed.