Written by Jordan Psomopoulos
Parent Category: Greek Recipes
Category: Cooked vegetables
Created: 04 August 2016
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 kilo green beans
- 1 medium potato sliced (1/4 inch thickness-cut in half)
- 3 medium tomatoes grated or 350gr chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt fresh pepper
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil at medium to low heat.
- Sauté onion until soft.
- Add potatoes and beans and mix until beans and potatoes covered with the olive oil.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, sugar and salt and pepper and mix.
- Add hot water just enough to half cover the beans.
- Simmer with the lid on for about 40 minutes (do not boil). The beans are ready once there is no water left and the beans are soft.
Enjoy with fresh bread and feta cheese