- 600g okra
- 1 1/2 kg chicken, cut into portions
- 4 ripe, peeled de-seeded and finely chopped tomatoes
- 200g tinned tomatoes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 250ml wine, red or white
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt, pepper, vinegar, lemon juice
- Cut the chicken into portions. In an non-stick pan, heat the olive oil and brown the chicken. Place it on a platter and put the onion and garlic in the pot. As soon as it begins to turn golden, add the tomato and the parsley and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, the wine, the salt, pepper, sugar and water. Cover the pot and allow it to cook over a low fire for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, clean the okra and drizzle them with a bit of vinegar. Blanch the okra for 5 minutes, drain them, drizzle them with lemon juice and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Lay them in the pot on top of the chicken and, using a spoon, pour sauce on top. Add a glass of water and let the food cook for a further 20 minutes.