- 6 large artichokes
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 2 carrots cut into round slices
- 2 potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 cup olive oil juice of 2 lemons
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs flour (or cornstarch)
- salt, pepper
- Clean the artichokes: cut into the tough stalk and remove the hard outer leaves. Cut in half and remove the fuzzy thistle from the inside.
- Heat the oil and sauté the potatoes, carrots and onions. Add salt and pepper and then the artichoke hearts and sauté for a few moments more. Pour in the lemon juice. Add enough water to cover and cook over a medium heat for 50 minutes. Leave the artichokes to cool in the covered pot.
- To make the sauce, remove the artichokes carefully and dissolve the liquid in the pot with flour or cornstarch. Bind the sauce by cooking over a low heat, stirring constantly. Beat the eggs with the lemon juice and add the sauce to them. Put the artichokes back into the pot in the egg and lemon sauce and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with fresh chopped dill and serve.